Hello there, my name is Breezy. My world revolves around animal rights, veganism, my music, and my dogs.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Vegan Goodies.

So let me just start this off by saying that being vegan... going to parties isn't exactly the most exciting thing when it comes to tasty treats, because most people don't bring vegan goodies when there's only going to be one or two vegans there. Welp, my friends are the most incredible people in the world because I got to my party and my friends Mom had made me a beautiful batch of vegan cupcakes, my best friend Briana had made me another batch of vegan cupcakes, and my lovely friend Erin made vegan brownies. All the chips at the party were vegan friendly, and we had fruit platters. Oh! and my friend Jayda made vegan jello shooters for me! And every little bit of it was absolutely delicious. I could not have been happier. All my friends made yummy vegan stuff for myself, and the rest of the people at my party to enjoy. Not only was I stoked that I had so much great stuff to eat... but almost everything at the party was Vegan.... therefore... everyone was eating vegan (until someone showed up with KFC... which did not make me happy in one bit) and that brought upon some amazing conversations that I got to embark on with a few interested parties. Everyone got to experience amazing vegan baking, which made everyone a little more open to veganism and interested in hearing about it. There were 3 or 4 people that I actually had full on, amazing conversation with, who were genuinely interested in what I had to say and had great questions for me to answer. It was such an amazing experience for me. And let me add that everyone thought the vegan baked goods were delicious and we've been eating them all weekend.

And then, so add onto all this... my friends and I took a little trip out to Venice beach yesterday, and the guys were telling me I could find a vegan place to eat for lunch and they'd eat vegan with me! Granted they ended up getting pizza, but the fact that they offered was incredible. And we walked by a set up of animal rights materials and I was offered to come back and do outreach with the man running the set up. =) what an incredible weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment