Hello there, my name is Breezy. My world revolves around animal rights, veganism, my music, and my dogs.

Monday, February 7, 2011

All Natural, Organic, Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies!

Alright, so I think I've made it pretty clear that I'm a strong Vegan. I think I've also made it pretty clear over time... that I LOVE food, but I DO NOT cook. I've never been a cook or a baker, even prior to being Vegan... so starting my cooking exploits in the Vegan realm, I thought, would be twice as difficult. Thank goodness I was wrong!! I've been doing so much reading lately about Veganism and one thing the books always say is that one of the best ways to get people to accept your Veganism and maybe even switch over... is to cook delicious food for them, so they can see that its not difficult to have good meals and treats as a Vegan. And I've always been super bummed, thinking I'll never get to do that, due to not being a good cook... Welp, today I had my first baking experiment... to bake Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies. And let me just say... they came out INCREDIBLE! I don't have many Vegan friends... so I had my non-Vegan neighbors, and brother try them... and they were a Huge hit! Everyone loved them! I went to give one to my neighbor Angel and her boyfriend took half of it and after eating it asked me if he could have more! I was so thrilled! Everyone loves a good cookie every once in a while, so I'm excited to start baking and cooking... Maybe I can open up some minds to the idea of an alternate way of eating. Here, these cookies came out delicious yet they don't have any milk, eggs, or even sugar in them! Cookies aren't necessarily good for you in a health sense... but these are much better for you than most other cookies, and they come free of guilt, harm, and suffering. Compassionate cookies are the best kind of cookies and I'm beyond excited now to start my cooking adventures!
So here was adventure number 1: Compassionate Peanut Butter Cookies <3

No comments:

Post a Comment