Hello there, my name is Breezy. My world revolves around animal rights, veganism, my music, and my dogs.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Oh Life...

I went my whole life thinking that I was going to end up in this one particular place. I thought that music was the only thing I had going for me in life. That it would be the reason I woke up everyday. That it would be what pays my bills. When I was younger (I say that like I’m old… by younger I mean 11 through 17), I worked really hard to try to get there… yet I never really figured it out. I never got anywhere with it and over the past few years… I kind of stopped caring. I lost my drive… I lost my passion… its almost as if I lost my love for it. Though, I know that isn’t true. I love music with everything I have in me and it will always be a huge piece of my life… but moreso than not lately… it kind of feels like its just something I happen to be good at… not what I really want out of life… and that realization is life altering to me… its weird going your whole life thinking you’d walk down this one path and end at this specific destination… and then one day you wake up and realize you’re somewhere you’ve never been before… and you’ve never felt more at home in your life. That moment, when life just shifts and you realize… you’re exactly where you are suppose to be and doing exactly what you are suppose to be doing… despite the fact that it was not part of the plan. Life’s so beautiful in that way… you never know what’s going to come and sweep you off your feet… you never know what’s going to come along and steal your heart right out of your chest. One day it all just sort of clicks and you realize that you have it figured out. I guess I’m lucky that I found that sort of clarity at such a young age… but it’s insane to me. I always thought music would be where I would go… and yes, it’ll be there… I’ll continue to write and play along the way… but I know it’s not what’s going to fuel me in life. I have a new fuel. It’s always been a source of energy and life for me, I’ve always cared and been passionate about it…  but for some reason… the clock stuck 2011 and my world shifted… and it’s all I care about now. My entire focus has switched over to vegan living and animal rights… I want everything I do and everything I own in life to represent and reflect everything I stand for… and I stand for the voiceless. I feel like I finally found my place. Though I feel like a religious nutcase half the time… like a newly born bible thumper or something… but I’m preaching about something I CAN see. Speaking out and acting upon these horrors that I can’t fathom to sit back and do nothing about. So I’m sorry if I sound preachy… I apologize if I’m a little too much for your liking… but… I’m sort of not sorry at the same time… I’m saying what I feel needs to be said… and doing what I feel needs to be done… in the hopes that one day it will make a difference.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has” - Margaret Mead

No comments:

Post a Comment