Hello there, my name is Breezy. My world revolves around animal rights, veganism, my music, and my dogs.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bold Native.

This evening I went to my brothers work (local coffee shop called Back To The Grind) to attend a Vegan Potluck and movie viewing. I'd heard about the movie prior to going... but didn't know too much about it... though I'm always stoked to see a good film about animal liberation... I was most stoked about awesome vegan food. That quickly changed... yeah the food was awesome... but the movie... Utterly life changing. It's called Bold Native (www.boldnative.com)... and its about an animal rights activist who's wanted by the fbi for "terrorism" and is coordinating a nationwide action against corporations who make their buck by exploiting, torturing, and murdering animals. Though the film itself is fiction... its accurate in every sense of the word. The filmmaker was there tonight discussing the film and basically explained that each character more represented an ideal rather than an actual person from the Animal Liberation Front. Regardless of if you're an animal rights activist or not, vegan or omnivore... if you have an ounce of love in your body... a hint of compassion somewhere... this movie will move you. I HIGHLY recommend that everyone see it. It will challenge your current lifestyle and make you think. And hopefully for a lot of you... it will ignite something in your heart.

"Bold Native is not a person. It's an idea - That animals are not property. They are not ours to use. They are an end unto themselves. Their freedom is beautiful, and their slavery is a horror."

No comments:

Post a Comment