Hello there, my name is Breezy. My world revolves around animal rights, veganism, my music, and my dogs.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Worldfest 2011!

Yesterday started a new and very exciting chapter in my world of animal rights activism. I tabled my first festival for Action for Animals! The fest was called Worldfest and it was a solar-powered festival of music, the environment, animals and humanity. I didn't really know what to expect going into it since I'd never been to the festival before and since I'd never ran a table for an animal rights organization before... but holy crap was it amazing! As much as I wanted to see all the other incredible organizations that were there, I barely left the AFA table because I was having such an incredible time connecting and talking with all the people who were stopping at our booth. I seriously met some of the most incredible people I've ever met in my life! From a 10 year old vegan advocate to an 75 year old vegan author... from clothing companies such as Arm The Animals who help raise money for animal care organizations to groups like Band of Mercy, an abolitionist animal advocacy organization.  From a rescued cow named Madonna with The Gentle Barn... to a paraplegic pup named JoJo with another animal shelter. And the list can go on foreverrrr.

I was too stuck at my booth to really go and check out all the incredible vegan food vendors that were at the fest... but I can say that I had the best fake chicken drumsticks EVER. And of course...I checked out my Twitter friends at JAM Vegan Bakery and had the best PB & Jam Cupcake I could ever ask for.

I seriously have never met so many people who care so much about what's going on in our world, with our environment and ALL of the species that inhabit it... not just some of them. I don't think a single person came to our table and harassed us about what we were doing and what we stood for. But, multiple people came and shook my hand and the hands of the other volunteers I had with me... and personally thanked us for the work we are doing for animals. My heart has never been so touched. It's really encouraging being surrounded by that many people who care about the issues that plague your own heart. The festival really motivated me and put the idea in my head that I can help... that I really can make a difference. Because there's so many others out there with the same exact mission I've got... and if we all keep pressing forward... progress is inevitable. We will see change in this world and it will be for the betterment of us all.

I wish I could name and link every incredible person and organization that I met yesterday, but there was just too many to do so and for that I'm sorry, because I really do wish I could tell everyone about all the different causes that were brought to my attention. But please check out the people that I have linked in this blog and support the awesome work that they are doing.

To those that I met yesterday, thank you for making it such an incredible experience for me. To those who volunteered with me, thank you for helping and standing beside me in this cause that we believe in so much. To Action for Animals, thank you for giving me the opportunity to do these incredible events. I cannot wait to table and do outreach at more festivals like Worldfest! Thankfully, I get to do it all again next weekend at Saturation Fest (Inland Empires Indie DIY Art and Music Festival)! Though, that is going to be slightly different... We will be the only Animal Rights organization at the festival... it's all artists and musicians, so hopefully our booth will be received well and people who don't know what we're all about will show interest in our cause and support those voiceless beings that we chose to give our voices to.

Lets take on the world!

With a very happy and encouraged heart...
Breezy <3

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Breezy! I really relate to what you said about Worldfest. My husband and I were the design team. We decorated the Healthy Hut and the Earth Lounge. I wish that I spent more time checking out vendors during the day. As you said, everybody there was amazing and inspiring. Hope to see you next WF, if not before! Shannon Maraghy :-)

    ReplyDelete