Hello there, my name is Breezy. My world revolves around animal rights, veganism, my music, and my dogs.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mr. Napoleon Bonaparte

Since I've been roommate hopping for the past couple years, my babygirl, Goliath, usually has another puppy companion around to play with. But a couple weeks ago, my brother moved out... and with him our American Eskimo, Cloud, also moved out. So Goliath and I have been alone... and me being at work all the time... Goliath has been really alone, and really sad. She started eating the carpet by the doors to try to get out and had been crying a lot and it was just too much for me to handle. I couldn't see my baby like that, so I decided she needed a new friend.

My step mom happened to be going to the shelter last week to look at adopting a dog for herself and she started sending me pictures of all the smaller dogs that didn't have any time left at the shelter, to see if I wanted to take one in. Then all of a sudden I got a picture of a precious little chihuahua mix, who was missing an eye. Apparently, when they found him, his eye was so badly infected that it had to be removed and the infection had spread through his body and they didn't think he was going to make it. But sure enough, he pulled through, and has been at the shelter for 2 months... which means he couldn't be kept any longer. He had the collar on that means he only has 24 hours left at the shelter... so my step mom immediately offered to pay the fees to get him, if I would be willing to take him in... to which I said "Of Course!!!!" Apparently he was a shelter favorite and everyone was very happy to see him finally get a home. No one wanted to adopt him because of his missing eye... superficial people... wanting a perfect dog... I say screw that! Give me the guy that's missing an eye... he's got way more character! And boy does he have character!

So I just wanted to write a little thing about him... and show pictures of how happy he is now in his new loving home here with Goliath and I. We love him dearly and are so honored to call him our little man now.

Mr. Napoleon at the shelter...



 My step mom meeting him.... and falling in love with him...

Soooo happy to finally be going Home <3


My first time meeting him! Immediate love <3 

Taking him home to meet Goliath... look at that little angel.

First nights sleep in his new bed. All tuckered out from moving all day. 

His first Hike up Mount Rubidoux with Goliath!



Boy, does he love Mount Rubidoux.





Hanging out in the backyard while mommy eats lunch. 


Giving mommy lots of kisses! :) he loves me. I love him. And I love Goliath, duh. 

And more hiking up Rubidoux. They LOVE it up there. 

Welp, that's his story so far... I'm honored to call him part of my family now. And I swear on my life that I will make sure he's NEVER hurt again. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment